Colour analysis has become a big trend on TikTok – with #coloranalysis and #colouranalysis garnering nearly 750 million views and counting!
It can make such a big difference to the way you look and feel, so I’m not in the least bit surprised that there is such a keen interest in ‘getting your colours done’.
As with most things, I would highly recommend that you seek expert help rather than simply overlaying the colour halo’s around your face and hoping to make sense of it. I’ve seen some people getting it very wrong indeed!
I trained over 17 years ago now and have colour analysed thousands of clients by assessing their unique mix of skin tone, eye colour and hair colour to find them a personalised palette of colours that enhances their natural colouring.
I’ve written plenty of blogs about colour analysis over the years, but here are two that you might find interesting to read if you want to find out more:
– how to create capsule wardrobes to suit your colouring type too.
So why invest in colour analysis?
- Colours can help you to look vibrant and healthy but they can also make you look washed out and tired! Finding out which ones enhance your natural colouring can literally transform the way you look and boost your confidence as a result.
- Wearing colour can help you to stand out and create impact – especially if you’re spending a significant time on online meeting platforms like Teams and Zoom.
- It saves you money – you’ll no longer be spending money on clothes that you leave hanging largely unworn in your wardrobe. You know the ones, those that you take out, try on and then put back again because something doesn’t feel quite right about them. It could well be their colour.
- It makes shopping easier – you no longer get that feeling of overwhelm faced with sooo many choices as you’re able to simply look at those in ‘your colours’.
- It makes it easier to get up and dressed each day as the colours in your wardrobe can be easily mixed and matched together to create a capsule wardrobe.
- You’ll look in the mirror and see a reflection that you like! What’s more, others will no doubt notice too – and there’s nothing better than a compliment to boost you.
Here are a few images of me to show you the difference it can make. Pale colours worn on their own and smokey/muted colours do me no favours. As someone with Bright+Warm colouring, I look my best in bright shades or in contrasting combinations of light and dark colours to mirror the degree of contrast between my dark hair and light eyes and skin. I have a warmer undertone so look particularly good in the vibrant shades that have a warmer undertone – so orangey not bluey reds, for example.
If you’d like to find out which colours suit you, I’d love to offer you a colour consultation either in person in my Studio or virtually. You can read about the consultations l offer here: Colour Consultations.