We’ll first talk about colour, before moving onto the styling side of things and then either going shopping or editing your wardrobe.
- I’ll explain how we assess colouring types so that you’ll understand the basic science behind colour analysis.
- I’ll then hold coloured pieces of material (we call them drapes) up against your face to see which ones make you look vibrant and healthy and which ones less so. This will enable me to determine your ‘dominant colouring type’ and your undertone.
- We’ll then go through all of your 36 colours so that you can see yourself in each and every one of them. You’ll learn which neutral colours work well for you and which are your complementary accent/fashion colours. All of the colours in your palette will suit you, but we’ll work out which ones really feel like ‘you’, which ones you look particularly fabulous in (your ‘wow’ colours), and which ones look great when combined.
- We’ll annotate your Colour Fan so that you can remember which of your colours are the ‘wow’ colours and which combinations looked especially good on you.
- Your clothes say so much about you, so the first thing we’ll do is uncover your ‘style personality’.
- We’ll then have a look at your face shape to give you some hints and tips on the types of glasses and hairstyles that will suit you best, as well as clever make-up tips to enhance your features
- Next we’ll look at your body shape, height, scale, and proportions (- please be reassured that this doesn’t involve eight-way mirrors or getting undressed – all of this is easy to see with your clothes on!), and I’ll ask you to show me any clothes you have brought along.
- Dressing well is all about being able to pull all of this together to create looks that really work for you, that accentuate your ‘good bits’ and show off the real you. I’ll note everything down as we go and send you your persoanlised Style Notes following your consultation, to remind you which looks, styles, cuts, fabrics and patterns will be most flattering for you.
- I’ll also make recommendations for items that would be good additions to your wardrobe and which shops to find them in.
Followed by your choice of a Personal Shopping experience or Wardrobe Edit consultation:-
PERSONAL SHOPPING (2 HOURS)
- We will either head to the shops following your consultation or we can arrange to meet on a a separate date.
- Once at the shops you will enjoy a personal shopping experience where I will help you to select things to try on that we know will suit your colouring, body shape and personality.
- There is no obligation for you to buy any of the items we try.
or WARDROBE EDIT (2 HOURS)
- We will sort through your wardrobe(s) in terms of whether: you love, like or loathe the items we find; how recently/frequently they have been worn; their colour; their style and their fit. Those that you love stay in your wardrobe (- if they make you feel good they’ve more than earned their place, irrespective of their colour or style!) . Those that you loathe or have been lurking unworn in the back of your wardrobe, we’ll try on ‘just in case’ and if not right set aside for recycling/gifting. We’ll then work our way through your wardrobe, trying on things as we go and editing what is to be kept, what maybe can be altered/repaired to give it a new lease of life and those items that are to be passed on.
- I’ll be able to suggest which tops to put with which bottoms and accessories so that you can be inspired to try new outfit combinations too. I can take photographs of the outfits we create if you would like, so that you’ll have a ‘look book’ of photos to refer back to.
- If you want to develop a capsule wardrobe(s), we can work out which pieces belong in your capsule and which items are missing or can be added in the future to make sure everything mixes and matches effortlessly.
- By the end you’ll be left with a wardrobe full of clothes that you both like and that suit you.
A true top-to-toe consultation that will leave you looking and feeling fabulous, and with the knowledge of how you can successfully manage your wardrobe going forwards too.