- Your clothes say so much about you, so the first thing we’ll do is uncover your ‘style personality’. We’ll also chat about your lifestyle, what you spend your time doing, where you like to shop, and what you’d like to get out of the style consultation.
- We’ll then have a look at your face shape to give you some hints and tips on the types of glasses and hairstyles that will suit you best, as well as clever make-up tips to enhance your features.
- Next we’ll look at your body shape, height, scale, and proportions (please be reassured that this doesn’t involve eight-way mirrors or getting undressed – all of this is easy to see with your clothes on!), and I’ll ask you to show me any clothes you have brought along, or if we’re working online, a few items from your wardrobe
- Dressing well is all about being able to pull all of this together to create looks that really work for you, that accentuate your ‘favourite bits’ and show off the real you. So that you can remember what you have learnt you’ll receive your Style Guide full of tips on exactly which styles, cuts, fabrics and patterns will be most flattering for you.
- I’ll also make recommendations for items that would be good additions to your wardrobe and which shops to find them in.
- You’ll leave knowing how to confidently choose clothes that suit you and that you feel and look great in.
Learn how to choose the cuts, fabrics, shapes and styles of clothes that fit, flatter and function for your lifestyle. Style is not about following fashion, but more about working out your unique look, a way of dressing that feels like ‘you’. Learning to then dress your unique body characteristics is the icing on the cake. You’ll end up with clothes that have truly earned their place in your wardrobe, that you wear time and again and look and feel fabulous in.
During your consultation, whether you’re enjoying a face-to-face consultation or a virtual consultation, you’ll learn:
- what your style personality is and why you’re drawn to some styles of clothes more than others
- what your face shape is and what this means for make-up, glasses and hairstyle choices
- what your body shape is and how your height, scale and proportions also play their part in the way that you dress
- tips and advice on everything from which necklines, sleeve lines, shoulder lines, tops, skirts, trousers, dresses, jackets, coats and swimwear to choose
- advice on how to accessorise your look with shoes/boots, handbags, jewellery and scarves
- advice on how to wear pattern and which types of fabrics to choose
- key items to look for to build your capsule wardrobe.
- Your personal Style Guide summarising all of your personal tips and advice.